SCOA Summer Internship Program Brochure
Now accepting applications for
2023 American Summer Camp Counselor Internship in Japan!
Deadline: March 5, 2023
Summer Camp Info
- SCOA’s flagship summer camp is about crossing the bridge between Japanese and American culture.
- All-inclusive internship program includes airfare, food, and lodging.
- Over 200 athletes and cheer dancers have come to Japan through SCOA over the last 17 years.
- SCOA has relationships with many university athletic departments including the PAC12 and UC campuses.
- The pandemic has prevented us from inviting Americans for the past three years, but we are excited to get back in 2023.
- For more information about SCOA and our mission, check out our Counselor Information Page!
Who are we looking for?
- U.S. college students and recent graduates who participated in a team sport, cheer, or dance in high school or college.
- Native level English speakers.
- Energetic leaders with the willingness to learn.
- At least one counselor with a cheer dance background is selected because cheer dancing is a camp activity.
Why Participate in SCOA?
- Step outside your comfort zone and gain skills in leadership and problem solving.
- Practice effective communication in a foreign environment.
- Immerse yourself in Japan’s culture, traditions, and lifestyles.
- Explore one of the world’s most exciting cities, Tokyo, for three nights with lodging covered.
- Have a once in a lifetime experience and make long-lasting connections.
Application Process / Schedule
- Submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the application is received, you will be scheduled for your interviews.
- March 5th, 2023 is the application deadline.
- Upon selection, you will attend an online meeting prior to your departure.
- Counselors arrive in Japan mid-July, followed by a training session.
- SCOA camps run for roughly four weeks with break days in between.
- Sightsee Tokyo for three nights and head back home the third week of August.
- We are also looking for high school students to serve as junior counselors.
- Airfare is not included but food and lodging will be covered during camp.
- Develop skills that will help you in school and life.
- Past SCOA campers are highly welcomed!
- If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com